6.08.2005

What happened in May?

So I've taken some heat for not posting since MAY TENTH. I suppose it is time I updated my faithful readers who have had nothing to read for almost a month.

Well, the free iPod check did indeed clear! BUT after much consideration and shopping around, I decided I would use a digital camera more than an iPod, especially considering how many weddings there are this summer. SO, I bought a Canon Powershot A400. It's just a basic little 3.0 megapixel camera, but it takes nice snapshots, and if I fool with it, I can get it to do some artsy stuff. Plus, you all won't have to look at fuzzy cameraphone pics anymore!

I've also been busy getting settled into my new one bedroom apt. Actually, it was more like I procrastinated for about five days, then actually worked for two days. But, I'm mostly unpacked. My bedroom is still an unorganized mess, but the "public" portion of my apt. is presentable. Maybe I'll post pics one of these days.

Summer school starts Monday and I'll be taking two classes: Drawing II is from 10:30-2:30, Mon-Thurs; PED 100 (Fitness for Life, or something) is from 6:00-8:50 pm, Mon-Wed. BUT all that will only last for four weeks, so I think I can survive. I'm actually excited about going back to class. Maybe I actually am some sort of sicko who will go to school for the rest of my life. (Actually, I'm not. I think I've finally realized that the sooner I finish school, the sooner I will have a job, and therefore be making money!)

The wedding planning is going fairly well (only 22 days left!); although I feel like I'm falling behind on my duties. (In case any strangers are reading this, I'm the maid of honor in my sister's wedding on July 1). Here's my wedding to-do list:

- Finish the website (Ummm I won't post the link here, but if you got an invite, it's on the little card that mentions the alternate location in case of bad weather. If you didn't get an invite, email me and I'll send you the link.)
- Make my bouquet (All the flowers are made of beads; see examples here.)
- Download the songs for a CD to give out at the rehearsal dinner and start burning the CDs
- Get a tan. (I've had several bad experiences with fake self-tanner this spring/summer. I am actually streaky right now. I follow the directions perfectly; I've read everything on the the internet about it that I can find, and I still get all splotchy and streaky. I guess I'm gonna have to go the tanning bed; I don't know if I'll have time to lay by the pool every day.)
- Find something to wear to the shower on the 16th and the rehearsal (My Aunt Jonna from California is getting me an outfit for the rehearsal, but I need a backup). I also need to find shoes to wear before the ceremony and to the reception (we're going barefoot in the actual ceremony. yeehaw.)

OK, there's probably some other things I need to do, but I'm starting to get freaked out by making that list. I gotta get to work...