5.08.2005

let there be light

It's almost 2:00 A.M. I just finished the lamp I have to turn in tomorrow morning for my three dimensional design class. I thought I'd share the glory of my futuristic lamp constructed of found objects with you, dear readers. (Unfortunately, you can also see a small fraction of the mess I made.)

(Sorry the quality of the pictures is poor. I only have my camera phone here.)





The silver round base is made of two aluminum vent covers riveted together into a column. You can't tell in these pictures, but there's also a column of plastic lime green can coolers in the middle which make the base kind of glow green when it's lit. And that's copper tubing in the spiral around the outside. Sometime I'll try to take pics with a better camera, so you can see the details better. I don't love it, but it meets the requirements of the assignment. Futuristic is not a direction I would go if I were designing a lamp under my own free will.

For those of you who don't know, this is finals week, which means, of course, I'll be blogging way more than usual, because it's an excellent method of procrastinating.