4.04.2005

Post-Spring Break Report

Here's what I actually did over Spring Break, as compared to my to do list:

1. Read a book.
- Accomplished. I read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It is coming out as a movie soon, starring Martin Freeman, the (in my opinion) very cute British actor from The Office and Love Actually. I also wanted to read Sahara by Clive Cussler, also in anticipation of the upcoming movie. I have read it before though, so I wasn't quite as motivated to finish it.

2. Add some things to/slightly revamp the Young Republicans website.
- Semi-accomplished. I have done some of the work, but haven't posted it yet. I'll finish it in the next day or two, using it as a reason to procrastinate from work that I actually should be doing for school.

3. Replace the Blogger template you see surrounding this very post with something original I designed my very own self.
- Obviously, not accomplished. I actually completely forgot about it. Oh well.

4. Go fishing.
- Not accomplished. But I have all summer to go fishing, and the weather will be even better later.

5. Play tennis.
- Also not accomplished. Again, the semi-rainy, cool weather which dominated much of the week made it a tad difficult.

6. Watch many hours of NCAA basketball.
- Nearly accomplished. I ended up getting second in my bracket group. Now all I have to do is watch the final tonight. Go North Carolina? (Or maybe Illinois. I don't really care too much. It should be a good game either way.)

7. Sleep.
- Definitely accomplished. I think I slept for at least ten hours every night.

Other miscellaneous doings:
- Filed federal taxes and FAFSA. I still need to do my state taxes, though. They will be a pain because I'm a Missouri resident, but earned all my money in Kansas, so I have to file in both states. Blah.

- Went to Ladies' Aid at church on Tuesday. Enjoyed a potluck lunch and then crocheted a dishcloth while the (mostly old) ladies quilted.

- Played Risk! with Susan, Taylor, Matt, Jeremiah, and Dad. Dani, Mom, and Amanda worked on Dani's wedding invitations while we fought for world domination for four hours. Dad was declared the winner at one in the morning.

- Went bowling with Matt, Amanda, and Jeremiah. I broke 100 in the second game and beat Jeremiah and Amanda.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of any of those things; this would have been a lot more interesting with some visual evidence. OK, I guess I'm done rambling now. I'm off to work on a Java app that's due tomorrow.