1.11.2005

RIP Remington 1875

The best, most reliable small appliance I ever owned died today. I was getting ready for class this morning and my trusty Remington 1875 watt hair dryer went "pop!" and emitted a wisp of smoke. I almost cried. I've had that hair dryer for over five years and I loved it. It's been on every vacation I've been on since I got it; it went with me to England. It was so powerful that if I ever had to use anyone else's hair dryer, I felt like I just just holding an oscillating fan up to my head. If I let anyone else use it, they would often comment on its power. I've spent many a minute whilst drying my hair composing glowing letters of thanks to the Remington company for producing such a fine product. I had to take a picture so I might never forget my old friend. Behold the glory:



Notice the patina of years of loving use on the faux chrome finish, and the surge-protector-plug-thingy which protected me from death by electrocution. I can't bear to part with it, so I'm hoping to include it in one of my projects for 3D Design. If I do, I will of course post a picture of the sculpture.

I bought another Remington 1875 watt hair dryer at Target today, but this one has Ionic Conditioning. I can't imagine it could be any better than my old one, but I will certainly let you know how it performs.