1.11.2005

Day Two of the Spring 2005 semester

CIS 260: Application Development I.
This class will be challenging, but it will also be one of the most useful I'm taking this semester. We'll be learning Java (a programming language, having nothing to do with coffee), so I'll be able to do cooler, more useful things on the websites I design. Maybe I'll even do something nifty with this site and get rid of this hastily-fiddled-with Blogger template.

ART 215: Drawing II.
I felt fifty times more confident on the first day of Drawing II than I did on the first day of Drawing I. I suppose that's normal, though. The instructor for this class didn't seem quite as friendly as my last drawing instructor, but she does seem to have a more structured plan for the class, which means a lot more to me than being nice. I hated never really being sure what I was supposed to be doing, and I don't think I'll have to worry about that this semester. Plus, a couple of people that were in my Drawing class last semester are in this section with me, so it's nice to know someone already and have someone who already knows my drawing ablities (and inabilities).

An explanation of why I'm taking all these 101 classes.
All this blogging is wearing me out. (If I had have read that sentence even a year and a half ago, I would have no idea what it meant. I probably would have thought it was naughty.) I'm going to keep this short. I have to take a lot of General Education classes because the Bachelor's degree I already hold is from a Bible college, and thefore it wasn't fully accredited. Lots of my classes did transfer, but many didn't. Therefore, I have to take a bunch of classes I either never took, or took, but weren't exactly the same as what SMSU requires. Sorry that was boring.