11.24.2004

A trans-Atlantic series of emails

Subject: I just witnessed a glitch in the matrix
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:09:48 +0100

Sara,

Your wit is too much. I like that post on your blog. Why does this
internet journal-type thing have to have such a gross sounding name?

Blog.

Gross.

T

---------------------
Subject: RE: I just witnessed a glitch in the matrix
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 8:59 PM

T,

I know. "Blog" is gross. It's short for "web log" but why does it need
an abbreviation? Web log isn't that long. I heard about blogging quite a
while back, and I probably would have started it a lot sooner, but, like you,
I thought the name was yucky. But, "fudge" is a yucky-sounding word and
that doesn't make it any less delicious.

S

---------------------
Subject: RE: I just witnessed a glitch in the matrix
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:53 PM

S,

I think maybe you should post this e-mail on your blog. It is interesting. Your comments are always, witty, clever, cutting, right-on (and whatever
else you said in your last post).

T

---------------------
Subject: Thank you and I will
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 1:35 AM

T,

Thank you for helping me sharpen my wit over the many years. I couldn't have done it without you. Seriously.

S