10.28.2004

One good thing about the BoSox winning...

is that Curt Schilling had the opportunity to say this on Good Morning America:

"And make sure you tell everybody to vote, and vote Bush next week."

I knew I liked him.

I'm more saddened by the Cardinals' loss(es) than I anticipated. I knew I'd be disappointed, but I actually feel a teensy bit like I'm in mourning. I just wish the Cards could have played like the team we've known all season. The BoSox have to be happy they finally won, but it can't be as sweet a victory as it would have been if we hadn't have just handed it to them. Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox were amazing, but the Cards just didn't perform to the best of their ability. Hopefully next year Carpenter will be healthy, we'll get another decent starting pitcher or two, and the boys will remember how to hit a ball. Hey, at least the BoSox only have one more year to visit the place where they broke the alleged curse... we're tearing that sucker down.